Read Through History: March 2016
Anyhow, here’s what I’ve been reading between Easter Eggs:
1) Samurai: Way of the Warrior by Chris Bradford. Really good young adult novel set in 1600s Japan. I wish this had been published when I was young!
2) How Few Remain by Harry Turtledove. Alternative history set in the years after the Confederacy won the American Civil War. Winner of the 1997 Sidewise Award and rightly so. A very good read.
3) Big Magic by Elizabeth Gilbert. Some encouraging non-fiction about why you should embrace your own creativity. Give it a read.
4) Ziggyology by Simon Goddard. A very interesting biography of the famous David Bowie alter-ego.
5) The Daylight Gate by Jeanette Winterson. Very descriptive novel of the witch trials of the early seventeenth century.
So there we have it. Tune in next month to see what new books have sprung from the bookshelves.